Wednesday, September 21, 2011

R.E.M. = Really Excellent Music

I heard the news today that R.E.M. have decided to disband after 31 years of complete coolness!

It's true, I haven't bought any of their music in a while, but it was comforting to know they were around!

Recently, I saw a commercial for their new album, Collapse Into Now, and thought, "I have to check that out!" Then, I saw in a review in the newspaper about guitarist Peter Buck's side supergroup, The Baseball Project, and thought, "How great that they work with other musicians--I have to check that out!" I haven't yet. Did I jinx it?

Ah, well, it's good to end on a high note, I suppose.

In celebration of this brilliant band from Georgia, here's one of my old favorites. (You have no idea how hard it was to pick just one.)

"Fall on Me" R.E.M.
© 1991 MTV Unplugged

So long, R.E.M. Thanks for the music!

No comments: