Sunday, March 01, 2015

Sleep...

Hi everyone,

The Kitties are always full of great ideas, like naps. This winter, as a fought off a series of annoying colds, I curled right up with them.


Sleep (February 20, 2015)
(Illustration Friday: February 13, 2015)

Now that I have my energy back, I'm working on catching up with the rest of the world. Last December, I meant to recap 2014, a year during which I put down my markers and got out of the apartment. A great lesson from Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way is that you should  spend time having fun on your own: Take a walk. See a movie. Learn a new hobby. Fly off for a weekend getaway. She calls these Artist Dates. I've always done Artist Dates without realizing their purpose. Last year's number of outings seemed more than usual, even for me. Concerts, plays, exhibits, and more just kept showing up, and I had to go! 

My plan to recap all these fun events was sabotaged by my constant colds, holidays, work, and life in general. But, this month, I'll get started posting reviews of what I saw last year for you all. It's better late than never, right? Here's some of what you're in for:
  • Appreciating Charlie Chaplin.
  • Experiencing great live jazz.
  • Catching up with Sting and company.
  • Learning about our best American songwriters.
  • Catching up with The Lucy and Rufus Wainwright.
  • Partying with the Rainforest Foundation (New York).
  • Rocking at 930.
  • Joining symphony and dance at The Kennedy Center.
  • Flying high with Savion Glover.
  • Finding Neverland in Boston.
  • Finding The Real Thing in New York.
  • Celebrating the work of Danny Elfman for Tim Burton.
  • Going on a Broadway Extravaganza (New York).
  • Sailing Away with The Last Ship (New York).
  • Catching Up with John Cleese.

Eventually, I'll catch up to 2015, so just bear with me while I get these all out of my system. Also, mark your calendar for a new installment of Johnny Kitties on March 9th! I promise to throw in some random Kitties every once in a while too. You know they're always around. 

Best,

No comments: