Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Hi everyone,

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg stood up for and educated us like no other, leading the way to a better future. She created a path, and we must continue to push it forward. 

Here are just a few of her inspiring words to live by:

  • My mother told me to be a lady, and for her, that meant be your own person, be independent. 
  • If you're a boy and you like teaching, you like nursing, you would like to have a doll, that's okay. We should each be free to develop our own talents, whatever they may be, and not be held back by artificial barriers. 
  • So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune. 
  • Reading is the key that opens to many good things in life. Reading shaped my dreams, and more reading helped me make my dreams come true.
  • I'm a very strong believer in listening and learning from others. 
  • You can disagree without being disagreeable. 
  • Don't be distracted by emotions like anger, envy, resentment. These just zap energy and waste time. 
  • Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn't be that women are the exception.
  • I don't say women's rights – I say the constitutional principle of the equal citizenship stature of men and women.
  • I didn't change the Constitution; the equality principle was there from the start. I just was an advocate for seeing its full realization. 
  • Women will have achieved true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation.
  • In my life, what I find most satisfying is that I was part of a movement that made life better, not just for women...gender discrimination is bad for everyone. 

    • Fight for the things you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.
    • Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time. 

    • I would like to be remembered as someone who used whatever talent she had to do her work to the very best of her ability. 
    • Whatever you choose to do, leave tracks. That means don't do it just for yourself. You will want to leave the world a little better for your having lived. 

    Thanks for all your hard work, R.B.G. Your wisdom, guidance, and spirit are sorely missed. 

    Now, everybody, do what she says here and vote – November 3 or (if you can) earlier! Visit BetterKnowABallot.com to find out how and where in your local area.



    This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io

    No comments: