Friday, June 04, 2021

Anybody want a doughnut?

 Hi everyone,

Happy National Doughnut Day! 

I just finished my blogging course on May 31, and one of my goals is to create an editorial calendar for my blog. So far, all I've done is create the actual blank calendar. In my research of interesting days in June, though, I came across National Doughnut Day. I assumed it was a sales idea from Dunkin' or Krispy Kreme, but it was actually the Salvation Army's idea!

Celebrated on the first Friday of June every year since 1938, National Doughnut Day was first enacted by Chicago's Salvation Army as part of a fundraiser to help those in need during the Great Depression. However, this special day originated during World War I, honoring the Salvation Army Lassies who volunteered to serve home-cooked foods, including doughnuts, to soldiers on the front lines to help boost morale. 

I suppose a fresh home-baked doughnut would brighten anyone's day. Just see how Norman reacts below!



This morning, I also found out it's National Hug Your Cat Day! (Wait, is that not every day? It is at my house.) And, it's National Cheese Day! So, after you finish your doughnut, you know what to do.

Have a delicious weekend! 






No comments: