Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Dessert

This weekend, I had plenty of desserty eats: a warm, velvety, chocolate truffle cookie, an amazing strawberry and blueberry crepe overflowing with nutella, blueberry frosted miniwheat cereal, a refreshing mango popsicle.... But I had trouble coming up with an idea for "Dessert" this week. 


Instead, my thoughts were on my sister's new 9-month-old kitten, Mini, whom she recently brought home from her office. More amazing than my delicious crepe, Mini has become instant friends with Norman! Watching the two of them--Norman, a large bear of a cat, and Mini, a tiny burst of sweetness, reminded me of one of my favorite Warner Brothers cartoons growing up. 


Directed by the great Chuck Jones (who made all the best Warner Brothers cartoons), "Feed the Kitty," is about a bulldog named Marc Anthony who falls in love with an orphaned kitten. 




Okay, while Norman isn't nearly as sweet as Marc Anthony, Mini is very similar to this kitten. 

But, more on Mini later. In the meantime, Simon decided to bake some cookies while I try to think of a "Dessert" drawing. Here's our homage to Chuck Jones.  Mmm, cookies. 

Dessert (September 3, 2010)
(Illustration Friday: September 3, 2010)

2 comments:

Elise N Black said...

Your kitties are lovely!

Melissa Connolly said...

Thank you! :-)