Saturday, January 15, 2011

Deja Vu

Lily is the first cat I've had on my own. Soon after she came to live with me in 2009, I started noticing habits that reminded me of the other older kitties. She plays Hide and Seek like Comet. She talks a lot like B.J. and complains like Ashes. Like Norman, she gets a case of the crazies--but only once in a while. And, she tends to curl up into a ball for her naps like Simon. 
Of course, Lily has her own fantastic traits and personality, but she reminds me most of The Mother Kitty. Like her, Lily is independent and can act aloof sometimes. I notice her taking over the apartment in her own little way, but she can also be extremely affectionate, so I let her be. 
Most often, I see Lily staring like The Mother Kitty. The champion starer, the Mother Kitty could spend hours looking at you and "tell you" exactly what she wants. I don't always figure out what Lily wants, but she is always staring.
Deja Vu (January 7, 2011)
(Illustration Friday: January 7, 2011)



You can see the similarities above. Lily must have learned from the best. The Mother Kitty is happy to take some credit but admits that Lily has developed some of her own unique strategies. Who knows what's behind those giant pupils?

No comments: