Monday, May 28, 2012

Sight

For last week's Illustration Friday word, "sight," all I could think about was Stevie Wonder. Maybe it's because he came up during a conversation at work, and then I saw him perform during the Billboard Music Awards. It got me thinking that, while he may not be able to see physically, his beautiful spirit seems to see things much clearer than some people....

I couldn't get this memory out of my head: When I was a kid, one of my absolute favorite songs was "Ebony and Ivory," a duet by two of my absolute favorite people, Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder. Imagine how ridiculously excited I was when they performed it in 2010 during a concert for President Obama at the White House, which was televised on PBS.

© PBS

It was just as exciting as the time I came home to find The Mother Kitty and Simon playing the song in our living room on Dad's piano. Of all The Kitties, Simon does the best Stevie Wonder impression.

Sight (May 27, 2012)
(Illustration Friday: May 18, 2011)

No comments: