Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Blogging My Way....

Hi everyone,

The Mother Kitty!This spring's Creativity Circle and Blogging Your Way courses have me contemplating Melissa's Kitties. Since 2006, I've been faithfully posting weekly drawings for Illustration Friday. (Can you believe it?) Blogging Your Way, which is in its final week, has focused a lot on blogging from the heart. It's made me realize that rather than throwing all of myself into Melissa's Kitties, strangers who discover my blog typically find out only two big things about me--that I love The Kitties and drawing them and that Johnny Depp is one of my most favorite people in the world. True.

While The Kitties always indirectly showcase my hobbies, inspirations, and whatever may be going on in my life, I'm still categorized as either a Crazy Cat Lady or a Crazy Johnny Fan. I may be both, but--like everyone--I'm also much more.

My sister once told me that she didn't know how to describe me to her friends because the things I love are too many and all over the place--cats, drawing, Johnny Depp, Sting, Gene Kelly, all kinds of music, all kinds of movies, Turner Classic Movies, books, fashion, museums, theatre, dance, The Orioles, The Celtics, live jazz, New York, good food, tea, yoga, Bugs Bunny.... Yes, the list is endless, varied, and growing.

In the past, I've stopped myself from writing about things happening in my life on my blog just because  either it was not related to The Kitties or I didn't have a related drawing to include in my post. It's finally dawned on me to put the markers down once in a while. Now, in addition to my drawings, I plan to post more often about my life and the many favorite things in it--the inspirations behind my artwork. I hope that learning more about me will make your visit to Melissa's Kitties even more colorful than before.

The Kitties seem okay with this idea, and even a bit excited about it! I hope you are too. Let's see how it goes.... Let me know what you think and--as always--enjoy!

Best,

4 comments:

Amanda said...

This is a great idea! You could always accompany some personal posts with pictures.

Melissa Connolly said...

Thanks, Mandy! It's a work in progress...

Elaine said...

Good for you and for your Kitties, love your drawing and sharing more of you means more people will connect, kitty lover or not. From the BYW 2.0 class, Elaine

Melissa Connolly said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Elaine. And, thanks for visiting! :-)