Monday, February 20, 2012

Finding The Artist's Way...

Hi everyone,

It's been years since I bought The Complete Artist's Way a compilation of Julia Cameron's creativity-inspiring books, The Artist's Way, Walking in This World, and Finding Water. I felt ambitious that day, thinking I'd run home and read them all immediately. Instead, the massive volume landed on my bookshelf after I read the introduction.

This year, I'm getting it done! Well, the first one, at least.

I joined a 7-week creativity circle workshop at Tranquil Space--my D.C. retreat/yoga studio. During the workshop, I--along with about 10 other ladies--will be reading The Artist's Way: Creativity as a Spiritual Practice. This international bestseller is a guide to finding and living a more creative life. Two supplementary books will complement our work: 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women by Gail McMeekin and Hip Tranquil Chick by Tranquil Space founder/workshop leader Kimberly Wilson. Like The Artist's Way, Gail McMeekin's book helps readers find their creative path in life. It offers input and lessons learned from fellow creative women artists. Hip Tranquil Chick is a guide to yogic living on and off the mat. Who can't use more of that in life?  These book offers tips and exercises at the end of each chapter, reinforcing key chapter highlights and helping readers practice what they've learned.

We'll be meeting every 2 week until May 9th, and I'll keep you posted periodically on my progress working through these books.

I hope you enjoy this journey with me! Let's see what happens.

Best,

No comments: