Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Swarm

Swarm (February 25, 2011)

                                   (Illustration Friday: February 25, 2011) 


I'm not sure where The Kitties are in this drawing. I asked them, but you know how they are. 
  • Comet said he was just following Ashes and they found themselves here. 
  • Ashes says they were participating in the giant Twister game finals. 
  • Mini claims they found Oz and came to a four-way fork in the road. 
  • Gordon says we were at the Mad Hatter's house. (He's method that way.) 
  • Norman said this was a dream in which he found where the Easter Bunny stashed all the huge eggs. (Now, he's hungry.) 
  • B.J. shrugged and said, "We just went for a walk." 
  • Simon never answered me, but went on and on about all the circles. 
  • Lily doesn't remember where they were, but that there a bug on the ceiling. 
  • The Mother Kitty hasn't returned yet, but she called to tell me she's still staring at it.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your swarm of kitties and great colours

tusen said...

he,he great :) I love the Kitties different explanations, too.

Debbie Clandening said...

I love the cheerrful colors.I love the perspective and little stories.Lovely illustration

Chibi Janine said...

Love the kitties especially the one with odd eyes, are they based on real moggies.

s a r a h said...

Adorable! This illustration captures the "innocent" cuteness of cats perfectly.

Janete Trindade said...

Wow! It´s very interesting! I love the cats!!

Melissa Connolly said...

Thanks so much, everyone! I'm glad you all like it--I wasn't sure where this one was going when I started...and I'm still not sure. :-)