Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Diary

Diary (July 9, 2010)
(Illustration Friday: July 9, 2010) 


Simon is always writing in his journal in his quest to understand life. No one has read his chronicles, not even The Mother Kitty, but we're all sure that they'll end up in the Library of Congress someday.


I'm a bit behind in posting for Illustration Friday because of a quick trip to New York to catch Sting on his Symphonicities Tour. Yay! I highly recommend catching it while you can! I'll be getting back to a regular schedule once my delirium settles. 

2 comments:

Kerri said...

i'd be so interested to see sting on that tour. i bought the cd and altho a like some of the arrangements, some are so strange- like "next to you". and "roxanne" was a little strange... anyway, so glad you got to catch it. hopefully he'll come to dallas!

Melissa Connolly said...

Hi Kerri -- Yes, I know what you mean. I bought the CD after I saw the concert, and it was sort of a let-down after hearing live versions. I didn't know what to expect from this tour, but seeing the show in person made a huge difference to me. Not only were the musicians really into what they were playing and fun to watch as they "danced" in their seats, but the volume is up and the joy of the fans is contageous. Sting did a lot of talking between songs, which made it feel personal and really fun. Everyone seemed to have a great time, so I'd recommend it! Let me know what you think if you end up going. :-)